Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Sunday, February 27, 2011

God is in Control

I was reading Isaiah 46 today and the following verses stood out to me: 


9 Remember the former things, those of long ago;
   I am God, and there is no other;
   I am God, and there is none like me.
10 I make known the end from the beginning,
   from ancient times, what is still to come.
I say, ‘My purpose will stand,
   and I will do all that I please.’ 

11 From the east I summon a bird of prey;
   from a far-off land, a man to fulfill my purpose.
What I have said, that I will bring about;
   what I have planned, that I will do. 

12 Listen to me, you stubborn-hearted,
   you who are now far from my righteousness.
13 I am bringing my righteousness near,
   it is not far away;
   and my salvation will not be delayed. 

I will grant salvation to Zion,
   my splendor to Israel.



It was good to be reminded that in the midst of all the turmoil, strife, and problems we see all around us, across the world, that God is firmly in control!  We see trouble and societal degradation, HE sees how we are drawing near to the Day of Salvation!  


Thank You God, that You are in control!  You are faithful, loving and good, and we can trust Your plans, even if we don't understand them.

No comments:

Post a Comment