Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Intimacy and Authority

I was recently thinking about the Apostles and the powerful ministry they demonstrated in the early church.  I was thinking of how they were personally trained by Jesus, empowered by the Holy Spirit at Pentecost. (Acts 2), and ultimately walked in an awareness of what the Lord would have done in any situation, and they had the authority and power to do it (Matt10:1).

Then I thought of Paul and how his ministry was every bit as effective as the Apostles that walked with Jesus, yet he never met Jesus, except in a vision.  His ministry was effective because he walked in the same intimacy and authority that the other Apostles walked in, and that same intimacy and authority must be available to all of us - if we are meant to be effective representatives and followers of Christ.

This gives me hope in my life - knowing that I have might walk in greater intimacy and authority!  Lord help me to draw nearer to You!

No comments:

Post a Comment