Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Love, Faithfulness, Righteousness and Peace

This morning I am reading from Psalm 85:6-13 NIV:

[6] "Will you not revive us again, that your people may rejoice in you?
[7] Show us your unfailing love, Lord, and grant us your salvation.
[8] I will listen to what God the Lord says; he promises peace to his people, his faithful servants---but let them not turn to folly.
[9] Surely his salvation is near those who fear him, that his glory may dwell in our land.
[10] Love and faithfulness meet together; righteousness and peace kiss each other.
[11] Faithfulness springs forth from the earth, and righteousness looks down from heaven.
[12] The Lord will indeed give what is good, and our land will yield its harvest.
[13] Righteousness goes before him and prepares the way for his steps.

I just love the imagery of verse 10, for these are clearly the characteristics of God. They can also be seen to be a foreshadowing of Christ, of His ministry and life. It was for love that He came to earth (John 3:16). It was His faithfulness to the Father's plan that earned our salvation and freedom from sin. It was His righteousness that fulfilled the requirements of the law and has been granted to us (Rom 3:24-25). It was His death and resurrection that brought us peace (Is a 53:5). His faithfulness, as demonstrated on earth was looked upon with favor by the Righteous One, our Father in Heaven.

The Lord, who has given us that which is most precious and highest valued, His Son, will not hold back His goodness, nor has He completed his blessing upon the earth. His nature, which flows from His character is to give and bless. His Word (John 1:1-2) accomplishes His will (Isa 55:10-11)and brings forth a harvest.

He is faithful, He is righteous, He is loving, He is the Prince of Peace!

I needed to know that today! Thank You Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment