Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Friday, November 14, 2014

The Glorious Name of Jesus


This morning while laying here praying for my nephews who have cancer, I was reminded of something I read recently about the name of Jesus, and praying in the name of Jesus for healing. I did a little research this morning concerning this and there are numerous verses that make it very clear that it was through the Name of Jesus, and in His name that the Apostles ministered and the church was born. It is around the name of Jesus that people gathered, and it was because of His name that they were set free and healed. Here are a small assortment of the verses:

Acts 3:6-7 NIV
[6] "Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.” [7] Taking him by the right hand, he helped him up, and instantly the man’s feet and ankles became strong."

Acts 3:16 NIV
[16] "By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus’ name and the faith that comes through him that has completely healed him, as you can all see."

Acts 4:30-31 NIV
[30] Stretch out your hand to heal and perform signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Jesus.”
[31] After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly."

Acts 16:18 NIV
[18] "She kept this up for many days. Finally Paul became so annoyed that he turned around and said to the spirit, “In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to come out of her!” At that moment the spirit left her."

Acts 19:13-17 NIV
[13] "Some Jews who went around driving out evil spirits tried to invoke the name of the Lord Jesus over those who were demon-possessed. They would say, “In the name of the Jesus whom Paul preaches, I command you to come out.” [14] Seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, were doing this. [15] One day the evil spirit answered them, “Jesus I know, and Paul I know about, but who are you?” [16] Then the man who had the evil spirit jumped on them and overpowered them all. He gave them such a beating that they ran out of the house naked and bleeding.

[17] When this became known to the Jews and Greeks living in Ephesus, they were all seized with fear, and the name of the Lord Jesus was held in high honor."

Philippians 2:9-10 NIV
[9] "Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, [10] that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,..."

Colossians 3:17 NIV
[17] "And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."

So let us gather under the glorious Name of Jesus and proclaim His Name, as the only Name by which we are healed, set free, and our sins are forgiven. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment