Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Sunday, November 23, 2014

The Cure for Powerlessness

I just had an interesting thought subject flow through my mind. I opened my bible to Psalm 106, and in that Psalm the author is recounting the history of Israel, constantly complaining, constantly turning to other gods, all while God is directing them through the wilderness. I was thinking how that is so much the human condition and approach, how when things don't go the way we think they should we blame God. We blame Him, then look to something else.

I thought about how that is such a symptom of being powerless to change one's circumstances. We are powerless to change, so we seek another source of power. Two problems with that, first when we are dealing with God, He is very aware of our situation and if we lean into Him, He will guide us and teach us and show us the provision He has for us. If we turn away from Him we miss all that. Second, if we turn to other things we are embracing unbelief, and that hardens our heart toward the Lord...not a good situation.

The good news again is that the Lord has provided us Himself in the person of the Holy Spirit, to provide a solution for our powerlessness. We are not meant to live in a powerless state, but are meant to embrace and be in relationship with the Holy Spirit, living within us! We are called to be overcomers (John 16:33, 1 John 2:13-14), more than conquerors (Rom 8:37), victorious (Rev 21:7) full of power (Acts 4:23, Acts 6:8, Col 1:29) and full of life (John 6:63, John 10:10).

So let us be encouraged that the Lord has not left us weak and powerless. Rather, He has provided all that we need in the person of the Holy Spirit. Let us ask for and receive an inflowing of the power of the Holy Spirit to empower us to be who we are called to be!

Amen, come Holy Spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment