Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Give Them What We Have

This morning I was reading Acts 3:1-10, which is one of my favorite verses, and was reminded of the reality of our situation.  Verse 6 says, "Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.”


Peter, the leader of the Apostles, trained under Jesus, was very clear about his own ability.  He knew that the only thing of value that he had to give was the authority and power He was given by Jesus and the Holy Spirit.  He could have given the begger sympathy, food, money, etc., but he gave him the one thing of true value he possessed - Jesus.


It was a good reminder to me of what I have to offer others, Jesus.  I was listening to Bill Johnson recently and he has a saying - Jesus is inside you and He wants to be let out.  


Lord, help us to give You away to all who are in need!

No comments:

Post a Comment