Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Three Keys of Jesus' Ministry

I've been reading Matthew recently, and have been meditating on Jesus ministry.  THis morning I was reading Chapter 4, specifically verse 23 and 24:


"Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people. 24 News about him spread all over Syria, and people brought to him all who were ill with various diseases, those suffering severe pain, the demon-possessed, those having seizures, and the paralyzed; and he healed them."


Looking at this statement - Jesus focused on teaching (1) (clearly from Scripture); proclaiming the Kingdom of God (2) - and demonstrating that Kingdom reality by healing all (3) - regardless of illness, sickness or origin of sickness (demon-possessed).


The results was wide-spread acclamation and in-gathering from the surrounding areas!  I am sure that we (the Church) would see the same type of response if we saw the same results from our ministry.


Lord - that we wight walk in this same reality and ministry - help us!

No comments:

Post a Comment