Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Monday, May 16, 2011

Heaven's Treasure?

This morning I was reading Matt 6:19-21 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

This started me thinking about what type of treasure one would store up in heaven.  I know what treasure is here, but what is it in Heaven? 1 Cor 13:13 says three things remain - Faith, Hope and Love, and the greatest is Love.  1 Tim 6:18-19  says we should do good, be rich in good deeds and generous and thus store up treasure in Heaven. Finally, one would believe that the greatest treasure will be our relationship with God.

So - treasure in Heaven - Faith, Hop, Love, good, good deeds, generosity, and our relationship with God!  All of which are definitely worth investing in!

God, help us to set our hearts on these things - for they are the things that truly last!

No comments:

Post a Comment