Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Person of Prayer

I was reading through Ps 109 and verse 4 caught my eye: "In return for my friendship they accuse me, but I am a man of prayer."  It is such an interesting response to being accused - I am a man of prayer.  Being a person of prayer was this writers (David) defense, or at least his support.


Later in the Psalm, David is pleading with God, for God's sake, to save him and bless him in accordance with His love for him (David).  David was convinced of God's love for him, knew that God was faithful, kind and loving.  He was willing to wait on God's intervention.


All this came from a position of being a person of prayer.  He KNEW God.   As Jeremiah wrote (Jer 9:24): "but let the one who boasts boast about this: that they have the understanding to know me..." 


Lord, help me to know You and understand You!  Help me to find You in my place of prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment