Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Friday, May 27, 2011

God's Character Revealed

Over the last two days I have run across two passages where God reveals His character.  


First in Exodus 34:6-7a, when God reveals himself to Moses, He says, "The LORD, the LORD, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, 7 maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin." 


Second, in Jeremiah 9:24, He says, " but let the one who boasts boast about this: that they have the understanding to know me, that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight,” declares the LORD."


I was thinking about how many people mis-judge the character of God.  They see him as absent, uncaring, angry, punishing, etc.  Instead, couple these Old Testament verses with who Jesus revealed himself to be in the New Testament and you get just the opposite - a loving, caring, compassionate, faithful, kind God.


Lord, help us to know You as You truly are!

No comments:

Post a Comment