Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Jesus is the Way

Yesterday I was reading one of my favorite verses, John 14:6 "Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."  I was struck by the clear and concise statement Jesus made about himself.  How many could describe ourselves in three words.


The apostles were concerned because Jesus he was leaving them, but had said that they knew the way to place where He was going. They were confused... He replied as above.  He was going to the Father and relationship with Him was the only way they could get there as well -  for He and the Father were one - if they knew Him, they would know the Father.


Jesus help us to know You more, that we might know the Father too!  You said you are the only way to the Father.   We believe this and know that if this is true, then You will guide us to the Father, even as You guided the apostles.





No comments:

Post a Comment