Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Time When The Disciples Didn't Believe Jesus

Last night I was reading my Bible shortly before going to bed and I came across a passage that caught my eye.  John 2:20-22, "They replied, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?” 21 But the temple he had spoken of was his body. 22 After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. Then they believed the scripture and the words that Jesus had spoken."


The last sentence blew me away - because it is saying that 3 years after this event the Disciples finally came to the point of belief - concerning this statement!    I just always imagined the Disciples believing everything that Jesus said, even if they didn't understand it.  I couldn't believe this was so clearly stated by John - that up until the resurrection, they hadn't believed everything Jesus said, and apparently Jesus wasn't that concerned about it!


I can almost imagine the forehead slapping that went on when they received the Holy Spirit and He reminded them of everything Jesus had said.  This gives me encouragement in my own life, knowing there are probably things I don't really believe correctly about the Lord and His ways, but knowing He will be patient and merciful towards me - just as He was in this case.  He will lead me to the Truth, and I will believe!



No comments:

Post a Comment