Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Friday, March 16, 2012

Concerning Our Families

Yesterday while praying, I felt led to these verses where caring for family members is addressed very specifically:


(NIV)1 Timothy 5:3-4, 8
Give proper recognition to those widows who are really in need. [4] But if a widow has children or grandchildren, these should learn first of all to put their religion into practice by caring for their own family and so repaying their parents and grandparents, for this is pleasing to God.
[8] Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.


Lord this is so clear.  Part of our walk of faith includes taking care of our family members, relatives, and parents. I am reminded of Isaiah 58 - where You talk about part of true fasting (verse 7):


(NIV)Isaiah 58:6-8
“Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke? [7] Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter---when you see the naked, to clothe them, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood? [8] Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard."


Amen!



No comments:

Post a Comment