Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Meditation on Eternal Life

Since it will be Holy Week next week, I am thinking of reading the passion and preceding chapters the next several days. Lord, I want to better appreciate Your sacrifice, and Your last words, and increase my love and passion for you!

This morning I am starting John's Gospel, chapter 17:

(NIV)John 17:1-3
After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:
“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. [2] For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. [3] Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

In the 3rd verse, Jesus equates eternal life with knowing Him and the Father! (NIV)John 17:3
Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. Jesus can give this eternal life to those whom He chooses.

I am so grateful that You invite us and call us to know You more, Lord. My desire is that I would come to know You more and more in these coming days and years. I want to know You, know Your Word, and know Your heart. I want to walk in this knowledge, wrapped in the understanding and sensitivity to the present situation, of what You are doing and desire to do. Lord, You have issued the invitation, and I am taking You up on it. Your promise is to give eternal life to this You choose, and I am asking that You choose me.

No comments:

Post a Comment