Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Friday, March 30, 2012

God's Love For Jesus Within Us!

Continuing my reading of John 17, the following verse caught my attention:

(NIV)John 17:26
I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.”

Another one of those mind blowing statements and prayers that Jesus prays. He prays that two things might be in us, the Love the Father has for Him, and secondly, that. He might be in us too.

First the Love the Father has for Him, is beyond any measure. If You were to take the Love God has for every person, and all creation and bundle it together it wouldn't compare to the Love the Father has for the Son. I believe that we could even say this is the most powerful thing in all eternity - the Love of the Father and Son, and Jesus is praying that it will be within us. Wow!

Also, I've heard it said the Holy Spirit, who proceeds from the Father and the Son, is the Physical manifestation of the love that the Father and Son have for each other. So, in a very real way, Jesus' prayer is answered by the Holy Spirit coming to us and residing in us, when we are saved. That is a direct answer to this prayer.

Secondly, the Holy Spirit is also called the Spirit of Jesus, so clearly His (Holy Spirit) coming to us fulfills the second prayer as well. For what other Spirit would Jesus have within Himself, except the Holy Spirit? We are all triune beings, body, mind and spirit, and so was Jesus. So, He literally sends us part of Himself, to be with us. Amazing!

All of this is only made possible through the sacrifice the Jesus made for us all. For its in His death and resurrection, that we are made righteous, and our sins are forgiven. Its through His sacrifice that the veil that separates God from man is torn in two. It is for restoration of intimacy with God that Jesus gave himself freely.

Lord, we clearly will never fully understand the glorious reality of this all. Help us to more fully live in this reality, the reality that Your love and Spirit is within us, and as such, we have within us the most powerful force in all eternity. Help us to discover this, and embrace this truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment