Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Jesus - God and Man

NIV)John 17:5
And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

This morning, this sentence has grabbed my attention. Jesus, clearly aware of who He is and from where He came, is praying that the Father would restore Him to His rightful place. He had possessed this place before the world, before time, and was going back in His humanity.

Adam Clarke writes, " Let the glory of my eternal divinity surround and penetrate my humanity, in its resurrection, ascension, and in the place which it is to occupy at thy right hand, far above all creatures."

I like that phrase - that His eternal divinity might surround and penetrate His humanity. In a very real sense, this is our prayer too, concerning the Holy Spirit. That the Holy Spirit might surround and penetate our humanity, living in our hearts and bringing into us that eternal divinity. Clearly a thought that is really beyond comprehension. Lord I pray that You might help me to understand this glorious truth - that You made the way for us to be joined to You. As Jesus said in John 17:21 -

(NIV)John 17:21
"... May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me."

Also, as I think about this reality, I am reminded that Jesus is truly God. So often we struggle with fully comprehending this reality - which is understandable since its an unknowable mystery. He wasn't just a man, a wise teacher, a prophet, etc. He is God! He was God before the world began, and is God now, in time and outside of time. He was so perfect in taking on humanity, that we can totally relate to Him as a man, but we must never forget that He is God. In the midst of our familiarity, we must remember that He is God, and He loved us so much that He came down to earth and became man. God became man - that is more impossible than taking the entire world and every person on it and stuffing them on the head of a pin. He didn't just take on a human form, like we see in some of the fantasy Greek mythologies. He really became man fully, so much so, that He could and did die! Mind blowing stuff....

No comments:

Post a Comment