Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Saturday, March 31, 2012

God's Treasure in Us!

In continuing my meditation, looking towards Easter, I am reading from Luke 22:

(NIV)Luke 22:19-20
And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.” [20] In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

The new covenant that Jesus is referring to is linked to Jer. 31:31

(NIV)Jeremiah 31:31-33
“The days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah. [32] It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they broke my covenant, though I was a husband to them, ” declares the Lord. [33] “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time,” declares the Lord. “I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

I am filled with hope when I read this passage from Jeremiah. When combined with the verses I read yesterday and the day before about the Fathers Love being in us, Jesus Himself being in us, His joy being in us, the Holy Spirit being in us (Jn 17:13, 26; Jn 20:22 ) and now His law being in us, I am greatly encouraged that God is putting everything we need into us!

What an incredible treasure we have in God! The fact is that by Your death Jesus, You made this great treasure possible. You had planned and made known since the time of Jeremiah that You were going to establish a new covenant. Who would have guessed at that time, that it would be through Your own blood that You would open the way for You to come and take up residence in our hearts, and pour into us these great treasures. How can we not celebrate Your sacrifice and power?

No comments:

Post a Comment