Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

God Bears Our Burdens

This morning I was reading from Psalm 68:

(NIV)Psalm 68:19-20
[19] Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens. [20] Our God is a God who saves; from the Sovereign Lord comes escape from death.

AsI read verse 19 I was reminded of the following verses from Matthew:

(NIV)Matthew 11:28-30
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. [29] Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. [30] For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

God does desire to bear our burdens, but to do so we must unload them upon Him. We must then take, instead, the yoke He gives us, one that is easy and light. I see a divine transfer - us unloading our burdens to Him, and He giving us back something that we can carry which is light and easy.

Let us entrust our burdens to God and experience the real relief He provides. His help is real, and His desire to help us is constant.

No comments:

Post a Comment