Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Who We Are...

I am reading from Romans 8 and its such a full chapter that its almost impossible to focus on any one thought, since there is so much richness there. I felt led to meditate on the following verses:

(NIV)Romans 8:15-17
The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” [16] The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. [17] Now if we are children, then we are heirs---heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

(NIV)Romans 8:23, 28-30
[23] Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies.
[28] And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. [29] For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. [30] And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

So we are co-heirs with Christ, children of our Father, witnessed by the Holy Spirit within us. We are also predestined to be conformed to the image of Jesus, so much so that it would be clear that He is the first born son, of many brothers and sisters. What an incredible promise! Lord, we want to experience the fullness of this Promise of sonship, being co-heirs with You!

Lord, help me to recognize and live by the reality of who You say I am! So often I don't believe this truth and instead live with a beggar mindset, thinking I have to work and claw my way to anything worthwhile, when in reality You see me as a co-heir with Jesus, a second born son, but equal heir.

No comments:

Post a Comment