Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Monday, July 16, 2012

God Gives Us All Things

(NIV)Romans 8:31-32
What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? [32] He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all---how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?

I was struck by verse 32, and the simple logic of that statement. Clearly if God gave up His Son for us, why would He ever withhold anything from us. Burton Coffman writes this about verse 32:

"The confidence of the apostle in this verse is founded upon the principle of logic called a fortiori, being a progression from the great to the lesser. The great gift is that of God's only Son; and surely the love that provided such an unspeakable gift could not fail to provide whatever else might be required to accomplish his purpose of redeeming people, the particular things apparently in view here being whatever earthly encouragement and provision might be necessary to the achievement of the Christian's ultimate salvation to the uttermost."

So, God the Father is for us, Jesus died for us, is with us and is constantly interceeding for us, the Holy Spirit is within us, leading us, guiding us, teaching us, giving us His life and power, and even praying through us. On top of all that, God graciously gives us all things that we need. What an awesome promise and reality!

Lord, how can we not love You and serve You in our love. Lord, help us to see this reality more clearly and live in this reality more fully. I get this feeling that the vast majority of us only ever experience the tiniest slice of the life that You would have us experience, if we could ever just fully embrace all that You have for us. Lord, help me to grab onto Your promise, and fully plumb the depths of all that You have for me. I don't want to live my life having experienced only a slice of what You would love for me to experience, I want the whole pie! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment