Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Of His Thigh and Robe...

Now for something completely different...


Last night I was thinking about Revelation 19, when Jesus comes again, riding on a white horse, with writing on his robe and his thigh. Here are the verses:


(NIV)Revelation 19:11-16
I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. [12] His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. [13] He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. [14] The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. [15] Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.” He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. [16] On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:
king of kings and lord of lords.


As I was thinking about this all, I realized that the breast and the thigh were part of the sacrifice that were given to the priests, see the following verses:


(NIV)Leviticus 7:31-34
The priest shall burn the fat on the altar, but the breast belongs to Aaron and his sons. [32] You are to give the right thigh of your fellowship offerings to the priest as a contribution. [33] The son of Aaron who offers the blood and the fat of the fellowship offering shall have the right thigh as his share. [34] From the fellowship offerings of the Israelites, I have taken the breast that is waved and the thigh that is presented and have given them to Aaron the priest and his sons as their perpetual share from the Israelites.’ ”


The is no doubt that this coorelation is purposeful. I know I don't grasp anywhere near the actual realities, but here are a couple of thoughts I had:
1. Jesus was both the perfect and everlasting fulfillment of the sacrifice for atonement, and the everlasting fulfillment of the fellowship offering as well.
2. The fellowship offering is meant to be shared between God and the priests, and we are all priests 1 Peter 2:9 -"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light."
3. So it appears that the title that is written on Jesus' robe and on His thigh is His title which He intends to share with His bride, the church, the chosen people, holy nation, royal priesthood - us!


If this is correct, it means in a very real way we will be invited into and have fellowship in the sovereign rule of the Lord. Wow, that will mess with your mind...


Lord, my desire is to understand You more and more, to understand Your purpose for me, to walk in the fullness of all that You have for me! Lord, help me to dive deep, to understand the depth, heighth, width and breadth of Your love for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment