Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Lord Is Our Shepherd

I was reading Psalm 95 yesterday:

(NIV)Psalm 95:1-3, 6-7
Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. [2] Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song. [3] For the Lord is the great God, the great King above all gods.
[6] Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker; [7] for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care.

I love the whole shepherd and sheep image. We are Your sheep Lord, we are under Your care, and we say it is good, pleasant and beautiful. I am reminded of Psalm 23:

(NIV)Psalm 23:1-3
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. [2] He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, [3] he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.

Yes Lord under Your care we lack nothing we need. Your provision, peace and rest are ours, You bring refreshment to our souls. Holy Spirit You are the refreshment of our souls, You are the fountain of living water in our souls, bringing refreshement renewal and life. You also guide us and lead us on the path we should take, You are our guide!

(NIV)John 6:63
The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you---they are full of the Spirit and life.

(NIV)John 14:26-27
But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. [27] Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

(NIV)John 16:12-15
“I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. [13] But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. [14] He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. [15] All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”

(NIV)John 4:14
...but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.

Lord, I desire all the fullness of all of what You promised. I know that this is Your will for me, for nothing that I think about You and desire about You ever was birthed in me, but rather in Your heart for me. Lord, lead me and guide me, fill me and use me. I give You everything, all that I am, into Your control and service. My desire is that I might know You and glorify Your Name to all.

"Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. [2] Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song. [3] For the Lord is the great God, the great King above all gods. [6] Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker; " Psalm 95:1-3,6

No comments:

Post a Comment