Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

He is Coming For You...

Last night I was reading from John 5 about the man at that pool. This is one of my favorite stories, because of these two verses:

(NIV)John 5:5-6
One who was there had been an invalid for thirty-eight years. [6] When Jesus saw him lying there and learned that he had been in this condition for a long time, he asked him, “Do you want to get well?”

They are some of my favorite verses, because here is a man without hope, and Jesus sees him in his condition, and even asks about him, before the man is ever aware, apparently, for Jesus first recorded words to the man, were to ask him if wanted to get well. I think that Jesus was most likely asking someone else about the man. This speaks volumes to me about the length that Jesus will go to so that we might meet him and be healed.

I know I have written before about the fact that of all the sick people gathered around the pool this man is the one Jesus came to heal. It was Jesus initiative to find him and heal him. Jesus came just for him. The man had no hope, no idea who Jesus was, or what he could do, he just laid there. It was Jesus who sought him out, sought information about him, and then went to him.

This should bring hope to those of us who have long term affliction, or just find ourselves in a hopeless situation. God is concerned about our condition! Not only that, but even when we can't bring ourselves to seek Him out, in our hopelessness, sickness and weakness, He will come to us. This is a God who cares about us individually! Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment