Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Seek the Lord

Yesterday morning I was reading several verses and the theme of seeking the Lord was quite prevalent. I started reading in John, and that spurred me on to pursue Him, to seek Him more.

NIV)John 14:15-21
“If you love me, keep my commands. [16] And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever--- [17] the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. [18] I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. [19] Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. [20] On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. [21] Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”

Lord, that You that You have provided a way for Your presence to be with us and in us. Lord, I know I don't need to feel this for it to be reality, but I also look at my life and realize that i am living with just a shadow of what You promised. Lord help me! Lord fill me! Lord be in me, so much so that Your presence is evident to all, not for my glory, but for Yours.

(NIV)Psalm 53:2
God looks down from heaven on all mankind to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God.

Lord, my desire is to find You in all the fullness of Your promises, to seek You with all my heart.

(NIV)Isaiah 55:6-7
Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near. [7] Let the wicked forsake their ways and the unrighteous their thoughts. Let them turn to the Lord, and he will have mercy on them, and to our God, for he will freely pardon.

(NIV)Hosea 10:12
Sow righteousness for yourselves, reap the fruit of unfailing love, and break up your unplowed ground; for it is time to seek the Lord, until he comes and showers his righteousness on you.

Yes Lord, we do seek You!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Sam, a great reminder to my heart. Have a great day in Puerto with your lady!

    ReplyDelete