Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Asking For Directions

The meditation for today is from Romans 8:26-27 NIV:

[26] "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. [27] And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God."

I am so grateful for this reality in my life, the fact the Lord helps me to pray. In prayer, I am often unsure of how to view a circumstance or situation, but as I pray I receive insight and understanding. There have been times where I didn't know the Lord's plan or purpose, so I just asked for guidance, praying in the Spirit for extended periods, and watched as the Lord brought direction and guidance that I could understand.

The Lord desires us to ask Him, when we have questions or need understanding. He desires to provide that which we need, and just waits for us to ask, to seek, to knock. The Holy Spirit will bring strength and guidance to us when we admit our weakness, or lack of understanding or direction. I guess this is the verse where the Lord addresses all of us men, in our pride, who don't want to stop and ask for directions. :-)

We must be willing to ask for help, ask for directions, and ask for guidance. Holy Spirit I ask for Your prayers, help, guidance and direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment