Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Our Approachable Father


The meditation for today is Psalm 103. I love these verses - Psalm 103:8-13:

[8] "The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love.
[9] He will not always accuse, nor will he harbor his anger forever;
[10] he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities.
[11] For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him;
[12] as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
[13] As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him;"

When I think of the Father, these are the verses that resonate in my heart, the character He reveals here. These are the characteristics of Him that I have seen over and over in my life - His compassion, mercy, love, forgiveness, and graciousness. I am always amazed when people relate to God as an angry, rule-making, stern God. I know there have been times that people have expressed the importance of reverence and coming before Him as the greatest king, but I always interact with Him as my Father, who loves me, cares for me and treats me with kindness and compassion.

I don't want to lose sight if the fact that He is THE king, and we rightfully should hold Him in away and with great reverence. There have been times whore I have experienced His glory and power, been forced to my knees or been flat on my face before Him, recognizing His awesomeness, but the vast majority of the time He chooses to meet me with gentleness and mercy. He is totally approachable and desirous of my prayer and communication.

I am reminded of a verse I read the other evening - Galatians 5:6b NIV:..."The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love." That seems to me to be the appropriate response to God the Father, faith in Him expressed through love of Him!

Amen Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment