Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

God Who Comes Down

This morning I felt led to read from Isaiah 64:3-4 NIV:

[3] "For when you did awesome things that we did not expect, you came down, and the mountains trembled before you. [4] Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for him."

I was just thinking about the reality of God visiting the earth. He intervened in the lives of the Israelites, He came as a man Jesus, and He resides in the believers as the Holy Spirit.

He is the only God who is God. Is 37:16

He is the only God who actually intervenes in people's lives. Is 64:4

He is the only God who reveals Himself as loving and compassionate, and full of mercy. Ex 34:6

He is the only God who desires relationship with us as sons and daughters, over servants. 2 Cor 6:18

He is the only God, who hears our prayers and answers them, who acts on our behalf, individually. Gen 25:21

This really is amazing, that the God of the Universe, the one true God, cares for me, interacts with me, and desires relationship with me. I am, and will remain constantly amazed by God. The depth of who He is defies understanding, and yet He provides us perspective that we can understand and embrace. The fact that He would desire to come down and reside with me is beyond comprehension, yet real and experiential.

Lord, I pray that You would draw me deeper into the mystery of who You are, and who I am to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment