Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Precious, Honored and Loved


Today's Spiritual Exercises meditation returns to either Psalm 139, or Isaiah 43 - I think that I will look at Is 43 again, as the Book of Isaiah is one of my all time favorites.

I want to just focus on the first half of Isaiah 43:4 NIV:

[4] "Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you, I will give people in exchange for you, nations in exchange for your life."

There is something in me that desperately wants to believe that I am loved by God, and then there is a part of me that can't believe I am significant to the Lord. I am reminded of the the phrase "I do believe, help me overcome my unbelief" (Mark 9:24). I think that is the place many of us live, certainty, it is true of me throughout the changing of seasons in the Lord. There are times when I find it very easy to believe in the Lord's love for me, other times when I can't fathom His affection.

The other day I was contemplating the Lord's seemingly infinite patience with me, His willingness to continue to forgive me, in spite of years of failures. It is beyond reason, and beyond human endurance, but definitely true of the Lord. It is too good to be true, but true nonetheless.

The thought that hit me was that His infinite patience is related directly to His infinitely costly sacrifice on my behalf. He can love and forgive and extend mercy because His personal supply is endless. He never runs out of patience, never reaches the end of His rope, never experiences me getting on His nerves, and never loses faith in me.

The worth of an item is ultimately determined by what someone will pay for it. I know that from watching Antiques Roadshow where things that seem relatively worthless to me, are assigned great worth, because of what someone would pay. The value placed on my life is directly related to the price that was paid for me - His life was shed for me, making me infinitely valuable! I am indeed precious (of high value). I am honored - He has given His life that I might live (1 John 4:9). I am loved - because He laid down His life for me (John 15:13)!

I am indeed precious, honored and loved - by God! Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment