Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Friday, March 21, 2014

His Overwhelming Goodness

Today's brief meditation will be from Psalm 63:1-8 NIV:

[1] "You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water.
[2] I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory.
[3] Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.
[4] I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.
[5] I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
[6] On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night.
[7] Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings.
[8] I cling to you; your right hand upholds me."

I know that I say this often, but this is one of my favorite verses. I guess I like it so much because it echos my heart, longing and thirsting for more of the Lord, while at the same time reveling in His love and blessings. It is an interesting dynamic, being full of thanks and gratitude, and yet longing for more, knowing that in reality I have only touched the smallest bit of God's goodness so far. There is so much greatness in God, it is unfathomable, and that is exactly what I want and need to experience more fully, His unfathomable goodness.

I continue to go back to Graham Cooke's statement that the "Good News is too good to be true, but it is true!" If I spend time trying count His blessings in my life I am astounded. If I try to understand His love for me, in spite of all my failings, I am overwhelmed. If I try to understand the price He personally paid to purchase forgiveness for my sins, I am blown away. If I try to contemplate His majesty, I am speechless.

I could keep going, but I think the point is clear, He is good, beyond comprehension. My goal is to enjoy His goodness all the days of my life and always thirst for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment