Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Monday, July 26, 2021

"You Give Them Something To Eat."

 Last night during a worship evening at our church, I felt led to turn to John 6:33 NIV:  "For the bread of God is the bread that comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”

I started reflecting on this verse, letting it tumble around in my mind and heart.  Jesus is clearly meaning Himself in this statement and a few verses later he makes that very clear.   As I was thinking about this, I realized that we (fellow believers) are now bearers of that bread, sharers of that bread, partakers in that bread, but we are called to give that which we have and give it to others, for we are called to offer the bread we have to those around us. 

Immediately I was reminded of the stories of Jesus feeding the thousands, particularly the story in Matthew, where he asked the disciples to feed the hungry.  Here is the heart of that exchange - Matthew 14:15-19 NIV:

[15] "As evening approached, the disciples came to him and said, “This is a remote place, and it's already getting late. Send the crowds away, so they can go to the villages and buy themselves some food.” 

[16] Jesus replied, “They do not need to go away. You give them something to eat.” 

[17] “We have here only five loaves of bread and two fish,” they answered. 

[18] “Bring them here to me,” he said. [19] And he directed the people to sit down on the grass. Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people."

As I read back over this story I realized that it is parallels some of what we have been hearing the Lord say to us corporately as a church.  My reflections are that the present time is late, as in we are closer to the return of Jesus than we have ever been, and that will continue to be the case.  We are definitely in the "laster" days. There is stirring in the nations for truth and the nations are hungry for the truth!  We are now the Body of Christ n the earth, thus, we are now the Bread.

The Lord has poured into us many things, many gifts and callings.  There are many who think of themselves as 'little" or "not much" in His Kingdom, think that He has forgotten them, or put them on the shelf, or even dried up, but He knows where we all are, knows our true value and potential.  He is inviting us to give what "little" we have to Him, pouring out everything we have, giving it back to Him that He might bless it and give it to feed the nations!!!  

The time is coming when all the bread will be in use, feeding the thousands.  There will be no more stale bread, forgotten bread, dried up fish, for all will be blessed and refreshed and consumed for the feeding of the Nations!  As Jesus said, "You give them something to eat!"

Yes Lord, take what little I have and bless it and give it!

Amen and Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment