Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Monday, December 17, 2012

Light in Darkness

In response to the happenings in CT last Friday I think the following verses are helpful:

Isaiah 60:1-3 NIV
“Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you. [2] See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples, but the Lord rises upon you and his glory appears over you. [3] Nations will come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your dawn."

Matthew 5:16 NIV
"In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."

Philippians 2:14-16 NIV
"Do everything without grumbling or arguing, [15] so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky [16] as you hold firmly to the word of life."

We, in the Body of Christ, need to rise up in these circumstances and be a light to the nations. Our light is Christ, and as we let Him shine through us, people will recognize there is hope and peace in Him. Our ministry should be that of love and mercy! Let us love these stricken families, let us love our own children and let us turn to Him, who is our peace. We are truly living in a time of increasing darkness and we were destined for such a time as this. Let our light shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment