Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Sunday, December 2, 2012

God Cares

I am reading from Isaiah 40 this morning.

(NIV)Isaiah 40:27-31
Why do you complain, Jacob? Why do you say, Israel, “My way is hidden from the Lord; my cause is disregarded by my God”? [28] Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. [29] He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. [30] Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; [31] but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

As I was reading through this, I was thinking of how many people think that God doesn't care about their situation, or feel that because of what they have been through that He doesn't love them. The truth is that God does love you and does care and is always there. He is the only one we can depend on always. His view is eternal, He sees everything and hears everything. This doesn't mean that we won't have difficult times, or won't ever stumble, but rather that when we do, He will be there to give us strength and hope.

It is in turning to God, acknowledging Him, and seeking Him that He is found, and in finding Him that we experience His mercy and love. I am reminded of some verses in (NIV)Isaiah 55:6-8: "Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near. [7] Let the wicked forsake their ways and the unrighteous their thoughts. Let them turn to the Lord, and he will have mercy on them, and to our God, for he will freely pardon. [8] “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord."

Lord, I thank You that You are not like us, not limited like we are, not unforgiving, not unmerciful, not unaware. So often we want to think of You like You are human, but then You would be limited and undependable. It is so reassuring to me to know that You are God Eternal, all powerful and all knowing, and that You care for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment