Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Monday, December 31, 2012

Trust in the Lord, Not in Man


I opened my Bible to Jeremiah 17 today which has a few of my favorite verses. I think its appropriate today, both as a reflection, and in light of the fiscal cliff discussions. The Lord is our only real source for confidence and provision, and looking anywhere else, is dangerous to our faith.

Jeremiah 17:5-8 NIV
This is what the Lord says: “Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who draws strength from mere flesh and whose heart turns away from the Lord. [6] That person will be like a bush in the wastelands; they will not see prosperity when it comes. They will dwell in the parched places of the desert, in a salt land where no one lives. [7] “But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. [8] They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.”

So, let us remember to put our trust in the Lord, so that we can see His provision and blessing. As we trust in Him we will become a source of light and life to those around us, for we will be drawing life from the true source of life. Difficult times sometimes provide the greatest opportunities, especially for spiritual growth and openness to the Gospel. Let us look to Him and let Him guide us to His life, and experience His blessing daily in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment