Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Messenger of Good News

This morning I was continuing my reading of Luke. I am so encouraged by this verse: Luke 1:19 NIV. The angel said to him, “I am Gabriel. I stand in the presence of God, and I have been sent to speak to you and to tell you this good news.

God loves us enough to send messengers from His every presence to bring us good news. The good news that is proclaimed originates from the goodness of God. All good things come from Him! His love for us, His mercy, His perfect will, His words of life are all good. His invitation to intimacy, relationship, and interaction are all so good.

I love Gabriel's statement about who he is - "I stand I the presence of God". That closeness is all we need to know about to recognize the authority in his words. As I was saying previously, intimacy is closely related to authority. Here is a mess anger who stands in the Father's presence, being dispatched with a special message of hope and life.

I love the fact the God knew exactly where and when to send the angel to meet with Zechariah. In the same way he knows where we will be and when, and knows what we need to hear. That is the thing about His word being perfect, not only is completely true, it s always spoken at the perfect time, to accomplish exactly what it was supposed to accomplish.

I guess I am just encouraged because I know that good news is coming to those that need it. Lord, I pray that You will send messengers with Good News to all of us that need our hope and life renewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment