Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Friday, November 30, 2012

Intimacy and Authority

I was just thinking that our level of intimacy with the Lord is directly related to our level of authority in the Body of Christ. Its in the place of being known, and knowing You Lord that we find out who we really are, and become more and more like you.

As an example Moses talked face to face with God. (NIV)Exodus 33:11. "The Lord would speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend."

David was called a man after God's heart. (NIV)Acts 13:22 "God testified concerning him: ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do."

The Apostles spent many hours with the Lord, and knew His heart and purposes. (NIV)John 15:15. "I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you."

Lord, it is clear that there is a direct relationship between the time we spend with You and what You entrust to us to do. Its also so clear that its not head knowledge that is sufficient, but knowledge of You the person, knowledge of Your heart. Help us Lord to know You more.

No comments:

Post a Comment