Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Thursday, November 8, 2012

I Was Chosen


Reading 1 Peter today, what a great start to a letter!

(NIV)1 Peter 1:1-2
Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To God’s elect, exiles scattered throughout the provinces of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia, [2] who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood: Grace and peace be yours in abundance.

I could almost hear him saying it to me. It is so good to remember that God chose me, that its through the work of the Holy Spirit that I have faith and am able to obey Jesus, and that its through His sacrifice that I am saved. I gladly accept the grace and peace in abundance! In fact I will gladly sign up for a double portion!

Thank You Lord for choosing me and setting me on the path of life! I guess it was another type of election, one I will be forever thankful to have received.

No comments:

Post a Comment