Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Awesomeness of God


Reading a few Psalms this morning - PS 92 & 93.

(NIV)Psalm 92:1-5
It is good to praise the Lord and make music to your name, O Most High, [2] proclaiming your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night, [3] to the music of the ten-stringed lyre and the melody of the harp. [4] For you make me glad by your deeds, Lord; I sing for joy at what your hands have done. [5] How great are your works, Lord, how profound your thoughts!

(NIV)Psalm 93:1-5
The Lord reigns, he is robed in majesty; the Lord is robed in majesty and armed with strength; indeed, the world is established, firm and secure. [2] Your throne was established long ago; you are from all eternity. [3] The seas have lifted up, Lord, the seas have lifted up their voice; the seas have lifted up their pounding waves. [4] Mightier than the thunder of the great waters, mightier than the breakers of the sea---the Lord on high is mighty. [5] Your statutes, Lord, stand firm; holiness adorns your house for endless days.

Its a great day to meditate on the awesomeness of the Lord, His Love, His Faithfulness, His Holiness, His majesty, His reign for all eternity.

It is amazing to me that the Lord loved me and called me when I was yet a sinner and paid the price for all my sins. He knows my inner man, He knows my thoughts, He knows my failings, yet He is always faithful and loving.

He is so unlike us, His thoughts are so far above ours, His love and faithfulness incomparable. He reigns eternally in heaven, surrounded by angels and creatures who constantly praise His majesty. We see glimpses of His majesty in the beauty around us! How much more majestic is the creator than all creation?

His eternal reign is beyond comprehension, for He is beyond time, before and after time, present everywhere, aware of everything. He is more powerful than the combined sum of all the universe.

Yet, He knows me and loves me in small and intimate ways. He answers my prayer as soon as it leaves my mouth. He speaks into my thoughts His words of wisdom and love. He has taken up residence in my heart. He delights in showing me His love. He delights in me!

I am sitting here awed by the incomprehensible nature of God, yet He is constantly revealing Himself to me, desiring to be known by me, and loved by me, and willing to interact with me! You are truly amazing Lord! Words cannot ascribe to You Glory enough! I am so thankful for the chance to know You, to love You, to serve You and to be called your friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment