Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Seeking Treasure

As I sat down to pray I was thinking of the importance of prayer, of a time alone with the Lord. I was reminded of the following verses from Matthew:

(NIV)Matthew 13:44-46
“The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field. [45] “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. [46] When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it.

Here is described the great treasure that is the Kingdom of Heaven, which for each of us is entered through a relationship with the Lord. It described here as the greatest treasure, something more valuable than the sum of everything the man owned. The question of or us is the how we treat our relationship with the Lord, our membership in the Kingdom? Am I valuing my time with Him, correctly? Am I even taking time just dedicated to the Lord?

It's interestinig that in both examples the Kingdom is described as something to be found. It is there, we just need to be looking for it. We need to be seeking God. I am reminded of Isaiah 55:6: "Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near." He is always near, He is always waiting. He is the treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment