Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Investing Ourselves

This morning I have been meditating on Matt 25:

(NIV)Matthew 25:34-40
“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. [35] For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, [36] I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ [37] “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? [38] When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? [39] When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ [40] “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

So the question for us, is what are we doing? Where are our hearts aligned? This needs to be individual, not a body or organizational level. Personal lifestyles of love. Taking some of the things I have been reading about lately - starting little, being faithful in the little, seeing what God has put in your heart and stepping out into that in small ways. I know both Tina and I have a heart for the orphans, lost and unloved children, one could say the fatherless. This more than anything causes our hearts to be stirred. When we see a special on TV, or an article about a situation, we feel a special anointing of compassion. I believe the Lord leads us with our hearts.

As I look at the parable of the talents - Matt 25:14-30 - there is a starting with a small entrustment, and the expectation that we will invest with that which we have been entrusted. When reflecting on the heart stirring, I believe that is part of the entrustment I have been given, a piece of the Lord's compassion for the fatherless. This is one of the areas I am called to invest into.

Lord help us to realize that we have been given much, not just to prosper us, but to invest into others, through love and service and relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment