Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

His Flawless Word

Just opened my Bible to (NIV)Proverbs 30:5-6
“Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. [6] Do not add to his words, or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar."

What a good reminder to me of the Lord's perfection, and complete holiness. His words are flawless. I am reminded of (NIV)Isaiah 55:10-11, "As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, [11] so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."

His words are full of purpose and life and perfect. Its important to know that our understanding of His Word is at best only imperfect, in time. Paul writes in (NIV)1 Corinthians 13:12. "For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.". If we don't understand something that God says, its not Him who hasn't communicated clearly, but rather a limitation on our understanding.

The second part is also important, we must not, in our limited understanding, try to change or add to His words. My tendency is to ty to make His words fit what I want to hear, so that requires either trimming or adding to them. As I have learned to walk in maturity, which Paul was talking about in the preceding verses in 1 Corinthians, I have learned to trust in God's word, and not worry about the gaps in my understanding, knowing I am not probably going to grasp the perfection and full meaning of His words any time soon. However, I know God, His goodness, His faithfulness, His loving kindness, His mercy, and His infinite love, so I can trust myself to Him, making Him my refuge.

No comments:

Post a Comment