Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Reality of the Bible


This morning I was reading from Genesis 23, the story of the burial of Sarah. What I found interesting was the mention of the town, where Abraham purchased a burial cave. The town was Kiriath Arba, and that town still exists today. According to a site with a Bible timeline, Sarah died around 2030BC.

http://bibletimeline.info/

According to the website describing Kiriath Arba (Hebron) the caves where Sarah was buried, along with Abraham and Isaac was revered as their burial place since 1000BC.

http://www.sacred-destinations.com/israel/hebron-tombs-of-the-patriarchs

In 1BC, Herod the Great built a wall around their tombs, and that wall still stands today. I guess I hadn't really ever done any research on this area, and it amazed me that it was so well preserved, and also so accurate to the Bible. It gave me another anchor for the literal reality of the scriptures. Thank You Lord for over 4000 years of history and roots of my faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment