Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Eyes on the Lord


I was reading out of John this morning:

John 7:16-18 NIV
Jesus answered, “My teaching is not my own. It comes from the one who sent me. [17] Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own. [18] Whoever speaks on their own does so to gain personal glory, but he who seeks the glory of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him.

How important it is to make sure that which we teach, that which we share is from the Lord. There are so many other voices out there, each vying for our attention, each trying to bring focus on other things. The message that glorifies the Lord, that points to Jesus, who points to the Father, is what we should be listening too, what we should hear.

I think of how often our approach in ministry is to build up the ministry so that more people can be touched, which although noble, is not the right focus. A focus on the ministry, for the sake of the people, pulls our eyes off the Lord and onto the people. A focus on anything else ultimately pulls our eyes off the Lord, and can cause us to lose our way. A ministry focused on the Lord, will impact the people, which will ultimately grow the ministry, but the focus must always be on bringing glory to the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Amen Lord, help us to remain focused on You always.

No comments:

Post a Comment