Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Reflection on Psalm 141:1-4


Psalm 141:1-4 NIV
I call to you, Lord, come quickly to me; hear me when I call to you. [2] May my prayer be set before you like incense; may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice. [3] Set a guard over my mouth, Lord; keep watch over the door of my lips. [4] Do not let my heart be drawn to what is evil so that I take part in wicked deeds along with those who are evildoers; do not let me eat their delicacies.

As I read these verses, they are each a prayer of mine. Lord that You would come quickly when I call to you, for You are my source for life and light. That my prayers may be full of thanksgiving, and praise to Your Holy Name. That I might be careful of my words. That my witness in my words would be consistent with my heart and my pursuit of You. Finally, that my heart and mind would not be drawn in by the deceptive allurement of evil, which never appears evil at the onset. Help me to see the end result of all, and choose life and obedience to You in every opportunity. Lord, I want my heart to be drawn to You and You alone. Amen Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment