Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Monday, February 11, 2013

God Is Speaking

This morning I am reading from Isaiah 66:1-2, 4 NIV:

[1] This is what the Lord says: "Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Where is the house you will build for me? Where will my resting place be? [2] Has not my hand made all these things, and so they came into being?” declares the Lord. “These are the ones I look on with favor: those who are humble and contrite in spirit, and who tremble at my word.

[4] so I also will choose harsh treatment for them and will bring on them what they dread. For when I called, no one answered, when I spoke, no one listened. They did evil in my sight and chose what displeases me.”

These verses are such a good reminder to me of a few things:

1. God reigns over all the earth, and created all things.
2. God is looking with favor on those who are humble, have a correctable heart and spirit, and who look to the Lord for direction and guidance, basically those who listen and obey.
3. God desires our interaction with Him, our attention and more than anything our love.

As I look at much of society around me, I am saddened that so many live unaware of God's love for them, His constant communication, and His calling out to them daily. As I was reading and writing yesterday, we are all called and there is a place in the Body of Christ for all. Lord we pray that You would open all our eyes and ears, that we might recognize Your amazing love and desire for us, and that You are speaking to us everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment