Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Remember the Lord's Love


This morning I am reading from Psalm 77. I love this psalm as it is such an accurate record of where my heart has been, and it reminds me what to do when I am waiting for the Lord. It starts out with a cry for God's help, and waiting for Him. So often, in our place of need, we forget about the goodness of God, and can only see the difficulties that surround us. This psalm reminds me to change the way I am thinking.

Psalm 77:1, 7-14 NIV
[1] I cried out to God for help; I cried out to God to hear me.

[7] “Will the Lord reject forever? Will he never show his favor again? [8] Has his unfailing love vanished forever? Has his promise failed for all time? [9] Has God forgotten to be merciful? Has he in anger withheld his compassion? ”

[10] Then I thought, “To this I will appeal: the years when the Most High stretched out his right hand. [11] I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. [12] I will consider all your works and meditate on all your mighty deeds.” [13] Your ways, God, are holy. What god is as great as our God? [14] You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples.

Reminding ourselves of the truth, remembering the ways the Lord has moved, thinking on these things, stirs our faith. God is faithful and trustworthy. As we meditate on these things we learn to see from God's perspective, and see how He moves. God does not forget us. His love is unfailing. He is merciful and full of compassion. He will come. He will move!

It is good to remember how quickly we forget. We need to learn to remind ourselves of what God has done in our lives and draw on these thoughts when we are confronted with difficulty. God called Israel to construct altars and memorials to remind them of times when He intervened. We should each have our list of times when God answered prayers, or moved on our behalf, that we can turn to when we are struggling or feeling forgotten by God.

No comments:

Post a Comment