Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Monday, April 22, 2013

A New Thing

This morning I am reading out of Isaiah 43:18-19 NIV:
[18]. “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. [19] See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland."

What a great passage of hope and new life to start the week. God will make a way, where there was no way through before. He will bring refreshment into places that have long been dry, even devastated. He means to be a source of life and freedom for us all.

Our part is forgetting the former things, setting our minds on no longer dwelling on past hurts, difficulties, slights, wounds, angry words, judgements, or sin. In Jesus we have one who has set us free from all that binds us. He is the source of everlasting life.

He is doing a new thing! Let us open our eyes and perceive it. Let us lift up our eyes from our own struggles or difficulties and see (perceive) Him at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment