Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Action and Passion

For morning meditation - Revelation 3:15-18 NIV
[15] "I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! [16] So, because you are lukewarm---neither hot nor cold---I am about to spit you out of my mouth. [17] You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. [18] I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see."

I am aware of two things in these verses:

1) It is by their deeds that the Lord sees what is in their heart, and its condition. Our deeds speak loudly of what is in our hearts. Our actions reveal our passions.

2) In their affluence, they lost their understanding of their need for God. Externally they looked like they had everything, but the condition of their heart and soul was pathetic. They had become blind to their own condition, sliding into a spiritual slumber of passionless existence in the Lord.

Let us awaken ourselves, open our eyes and pursue the Lord with everything we have in us. Let us see that He is the source of life, of all good, of everything we need. Let our faith and love be evident in our actions! Let us be passion in action!

1 comment: