Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Sunday, April 7, 2013

True Love Isn't Blind

This morning I am reading from Philemon and Philippians.

Philemon 1:5-7 NIV
[5] "...because I hear about your love for all his holy people and your faith in the Lord Jesus. [6] I pray that your partnership with us in the faith may be effective in deepening your understanding of every good thing we share for the sake of Christ. [7] Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the Lord’s people."

Philippians 1:9-11 NIV
[9] "And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, [10] so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, [11] filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ---to the glory and praise of God."

The theme is clearly love and affection for each other, and for the Lord. Love is the vehicle the Lord uses to deepen our understanding, our connection to one another and Him. Although book knowledge is great, Love is the bond, and that which draws us deeper into relationship.

There is a saying that 'love is blind', but in reality, true Christian love is anything but blind. In his letter to the Philippians, Paul talks about love growing in knowledge and depth of insight, opening our minds to be able discern (see clearly). True Christian love sees all and chooses to love, chooses to join in fellowship, chooses to pursue that which is best for the other, chooses to lay down ones own life. True Christian love brings joy, encouragement, intimacy and refreshment.

Let us echo Paul's prayer and pray that our love for each other would abound, would grow and draw us deeper into relationship with each other and the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment