Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

His Heart Beats For Me


Song of Solomon 4:9 NIV
"You have stolen my heart, my sister, my bride; you have stolen my heart with one glance of your eyes, with one jewel of your necklace."

I felt like I should read from the Song of Solomon this morning, not my typical choice of scripture. However, I feel like the Lord wants me to understand His emotion towards me, and really each of us. The common thought is that Song of Solomon is an allegory illustrating how the Lord feels about His Bride, the Church, and as such, about each of us that makes up the Church.

Anyway, my meditation this morning is how God's eyes are on me, waiting for me to glance His way. He longs to be in relationship with me. He has sacrificed greatly to make a way for me to come to Him. How could we expect anything other than His waiting expectantly for us to look His way. The original Hebrew word here translated 'stolen my heart', is Labab which literally translated means the 'heart beats faster'. I think that is so amazing, thinking of the Lord waiting for me to glance His way with affection, and when I do, His heart beats faster with emotion!

He is not some cold and far removed God. He is not an angry God, waiting to judge me. He is a God who loves me, and is waiting for me to notice Him and come to Him, and when I do, His heart beats faster. I could even say His heart beats for me! Amazing! Thank You Lord for loving me!

No comments:

Post a Comment