Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Morning Praise and Remembrance


This morning I am reading from Psalm 9:1-2, 7-11 NIV:

[1] "I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds. [2] I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High.
[7] The Lord reigns forever; he has established his throne for judgment. [8] He rules the world in righteousness and judges the peoples with equity. [9] The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. [10] Those who know your name trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you. [11] Sing the praises of the Lord, enthroned in Zion; proclaim among the nations what he has done."

What a wonderful set of verses, encouraging me to praise God, to tell of His great wonders and many blessings. I know I am conscious of His blessing, far more than I speak about them, and this should not be so. So many people are in need of the Good News - that God loves them, that He wants to be in relationship, and He wants to interact with them daily.

I love what it says in verse 10 - "those who know Your name trust in You, for You, Lord have never forsaken those who seek You.". The idea of knowing God's name(s) is so significant, because as God reveals His name(s), He reveals parts of His character. Here David is focusing on God's faithfulness and constancy. He will never abandon us, leave us, reject us or walk away from us, if we seek Him. If we are far from God, its because we have stopped seeking Him.

Let us return to the Lord, if we are far off. Let us praise His name and tell of His wonders and blessings. Let us start our day, remembering the good things that He has done in our lives. What a great way to get ourselves going in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment